Tuesday, August 30, 2005

1-2-3 NOT IT! Yes my friends, I put my finger to my nose before anyone else and declared that I didn't have to answer the Top 10 call, but because I have felt guilty for not answering the challenge as well as the fact that tonight is my fantasy football draft so I'm stuck on the computer for hours on end, you are subjected to my list...

So, from the home office in Wahoo, NE, my Top Ten:

10. "You Need a Man Around Here" by Brad Paisley
9. "Crazy" by Pat Green
8. "He's My Son" by Mark Schultz
7. "Pancho and Lefty" by Willie Nelson (feat. Merle Haggard)
6. "5 lb. Bass" by Robert Earl Keen
5. "I'm Gonna Miss Her" by Brad Paisley
4. "Whistle Dixie" by Darryl Worley
3. "How Great Thou Art" performed by Yours Truly on a Tractor or riding Lawn Mower
2. "Waiting on a Woman" by Brad Paisley (also works as a duet with Matt Foster in the shower)
1. "Redneck Yacht Club" by Craig Morgan, my personal summer 2005 anthem...

I tag the five lonely sould left on the planet who have not already been tagged.

Comments:
Hi Matt! I just found your blog recently after Katey gave you a shout-out on hers. It's been fun to read what you've been up to, and it's so exciting to read the ways that you are serving the Lord. God bless you in your ministry!

Peace, Katie Riggs
 
I swear you've become more Texan than Coloradoan. I miss you Foster! PS- You were never the forgotten roommate to me, you were always Master Foster. Remember the highlights in the bathtub at my parent's house? Oh, the stories we could tell...
 
I'm sorry, BATHTUB memories?
I know you two had a life outside of my slideshow of memoirs but still I remember no bathtub. Maybe I'm blocking it out. I must admit I'm a little frightened...
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Well Paulk,

when two people love each other... As I recall in college I would have pawned my left arm for one of your back rubs. If you weren't a married woman I would go to Earle's bathtub for my highlights (which was an excuse for a head massage) and come over to your house to end the evening of primping. So let's stop the condescending comments, your only digging a deeper hole.
 
Earles,

As a product of Baton Rouge, LA I am more southern than you are; however, I am proud to have been a Coloradan (NOT COLORADOAN).
 
Now I must argue on who is the "most" Southern. While I believe TX does not count as the "South" either, I have now lived in TN, which is still a member of the Deep South if anywhere is. Baton Rouge??? I didn't know about that one- I guess you are a displaced Southerner.

PS I don't understand the Fresh Bread comment from S's blog.
 
until you have eaten Fern Hill's freshly baked bread, you will never understand
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]