Friday, November 25, 2005

Happy Leftover Day!!!








There may be few things that I am am more excited about as a single male than quality leftovers, and today is the crowning jewel of the leftover season. It goes without saying that no other holiday can truly compare to the culinary value of Thanksgiving. In America we've been instilled with the idea that you should NEVER have too little, and few do on this fine day. But who really eats all of their holiday leftovers? Not you? Well, send 'em on down to me; I'll take care of it. Like sarcasm, it's just one of the many free services I offer. If I play my cards right, I can very easily make it all the way to my Christmas vacation eating nothing but leftovers and oatmeal, and loving every minute of it.

While many of you are currently praying over my soon to come gastrointestinal issues, I will take this time to point out the fact that I recently bought another camera. I say another because it marks the third camera in the past year and a half, the last two coming within the last several months. The first, I would like to point out, was destroyed by my brother Ben, who in an act of genius knocked it out of The Adam's Apple, my boat (pictured with Will on it's midnight maiden voyage, fish finder and trolling motor sold separately but most definitely included). Of course if you wanted to see a picture of Ben, I guess this one sums it all up: the self proclaimed "Pocket Tee Model"



The second camera was bartered for so that my friend Ty could by a bow for the upcoming hunting season. It was a mutually beneficial transaction, I needed a camera because some idiot dropped the first one in Lake Wildwood, Ty needed a bow in order to legally kill a deer. Within the week after my new acquisition, it fell out of the ATV in the middle of the hayfield on the ranch without letting me know where it was going.

Ty found the camera several weeks later, having been run over by both ATV, truck and horse, and trapped under a pile of manure (why he was looking there only he can explain) and 13" of rain... AND IT STILL WORKS.

I know what you're thinking, "After such an ordeal why on earth would you want to purchase another camera? I mean, you have the perfect camera, especially for you, Matt; it survived alone under the worst of circumstances and the first thing you want to do after the prodigal camera returns home is to replace it with something nicer?" Yep. Why? Because I can. Because I was in Best Buy with Ryan and he had to call Mary Beth before he made his purchase, and that has to stop. Not on my watch. Just try and stop me, tell me I can't do it, tell me I c... sorry, a little carried away.

So I guess I have a leftover camera here on Leftover Day, but to celebrate this day I will share some leftover Leftover Day Pictures from the new and leftover cameras, enjoy:






Comments:
Dr. Foster,
I am pleased to see that you are eating well this holiday season. What is your cell phone #? Oh yeah, and I was going to ask how your fantasy football team did this weekend? Let me know.
 
Matt Foster likes leftovers? Who knew? And hey if you are this big spender now, then I want you to buy me a camera! I want one too daddy!
 
Did some bad leftovers kill you? Where did you go Matt Foster?
 
matt...definitely tried to text message you while in NYC...but now i fear that perhaps you have changed your cell phone number without informing me...let me know...was bummed i never received a call back...thanks for the bakers dozen...much appreciated
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]